Brenda Hogan Devereux has 35 years experience in the Antiques and Collectibles Market and the knowledge that comes with that experience. First as a collector herself and then as a seller. She has put together many resources for the disposition of estate possessions The Real McCoy Email List consists of over 3000+(and Growing!) proven buyers who regularly frequent Estate Sales. References are available upon request.
I started collecting antiques, vintage items and pottery 35 years ago. My mother collected and so did my grandmother. I especially loved McCoy Pottery and would get very excited to find a piece at an antique shop or estate sale. That was the beginning of my adventure and my company name!
Our job is to organize, stage, research and price, advertise(newspapers and internet) and sell all types of merchandise! I call in the experts(my network of resources accumulated over the last 30 years) when I need help with antiques, tools, cars or special merchandise.
It is my job to walk the tightrope between buyer and seller.
We have had the honor of doing sales in some amazing historical homes right here in Montville and all over Northern NJ. A lot of my work comes from Lawyers, Realtors and many personal referrals. We also sell high end, new, trendy, home decor and general merchandise. You never know what you will find at one of our sales so we advertise with lots of pictures. I am also known for my big pink signs!
We commit ourselves to 1 sale per week so when we take your sale you have our undivided attention. We are fully insured.
THE TOP 11 BEST REASONS TO HIRE THE REAL McCOY:
1. I do 1 sale per week so when I take your sale you have my undivided attention. I am physically at the sale during all hours of operation. I believe in quality vs. quantity.
2. On the first and busiest day of the sale and all sale days after, I make sure there are enough helpers covering the house to help customers and prevent theft.
3. I run 2 Newspaper ads.
4. Extensive internet advertising with pictures on at least 4 web sites including my own.
5. I send an email from my website with detailed pictures for each sale to 3000+ proven buyers.
6. Over the last 30 years I have developed a large following of customers including collectors, dealers and people who just love estate sales. I have a wish list for customers who are looking for specific items.
7. I put up at least 5 double sided large bright pink and white signs at all nearby intersections. They can be seen from a distance! This I believe accounts for 50 % of my business!
8. I personally do all of the research, marketing and pricing.
9. My prices are competitive but fair to both buyer & seller. I dont overprice. This is very much a business of impulse buyers. I aim to get full price on the first day.
10. You will receive an Excel computer file with all the details of your sale including selling prices for all items. Many companies do not provide this extremely important information.
11. We are fully insured.
Please read my testimonials page.
Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.
Mon - Fri: 9AM - 5PM
Sat: 9AM - 5PM